You can browse all our services below
Square Jaw Reduction
Here is information about square jaw reduction
- Duration: App. 3 hours
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia
- Fasting: From 8 hours before the surgery
- Stitch Removal: 2 weeks after
- Hospitalization: 1 day
- Drain Removal: 1 day after
- Recommended Staying Period in Korea: Min. 2 weeks
- Mani & Pedicure: Must be removed
- Compression Bandage: Recommended to wear all times for first 3 days, then put on only at home or while sleeping for another 1-2 weeks
What is square jaw reduction?
A square jaw is when the lower jaw bone’s size is wide and causes a square appearing face. Specifically the bone beneath the ear can cause a face to appear bigger. Maxillofacial square jaw reduction surgery at WONJIN is required to remove the angular jaw line and create a slender V line.
Appropriate for those who
- Case of conspicuous jaw bone (forming squared jaw line)
- Extremely developed masticatory muscle
- Desire a slender jaw line
- Dissatisfied with current facial contour
The Effect of Square Jaw Reduction
Significance of having accurate V-line surgery
Picture above (on the left) is an erroneous surgery case of Square Jaw (jaw line) Reduction (also known as V-line Surgery); as can be seen in the picture, shaping of jaw bone into shape of alphabet V may result in unnatural shape and/or jaw line, even cause facial asymmetry or nerve damage. WONJIN’s surgical technique, F.R.A. (Facial Ramus Angle), enables accurate shaping of jaw bone for natural and slender line.
Square Jaw Reduction Surgical method
- Figure out shape of maxilla and mandible bone and nerve location by taking x-ray.
- Incise inside of mouth.
- Proportional mandibular angle removal:
To prevent occurrence of secondary angle, remove angle along the jaw line; effective for downsizing the entire mandible, both of frontal and profile.
- For necessary cases, cortical fracture is performed:
The jaw bone is formed in three layers; cortical fracture is a surgical method of removing the outer layer of the jaw bone.
- For the case with excessively developed masticatory muscle; perform masticatory muscle removal at the same time.
- For cases with excessive fat on the face, removal of subcutaneous fat and/or partial removal of buccal fat are performed.
- Suture with dissolvable surgical thread.